Out with the Old…In with the New

The title of this post should actually be updating the old to make it feel like new.  Very few things in our house are new so we make old, inherited, or second hand work with our home.

Our living room used to have an oversized but beautiful coffee table in it that Justin designed and made.

Since Cora will be crawling soon we decided to buy a smaller table.  She will have more room to play and this table does not have the killer sharp corners of our old coffee table.  We went to America’s Thrift Store and found this:

Which after some work…looks like this:

Our room looks much larger now and there is more room to move around.  I do miss the old coffee table.  We plan on using it again some day…if we have a room big enough to fit it.

8 Responses to Out with the Old…In with the New

1. bchallies says:

Justin and Chuck did a great job!

2. Betty says:

ooh I love the new table, it looks so nice! Where is the other table for now?

3. Susanna says:

Cute as always! A good idea to make more room for Cora…you can never have enough room when they start gettin mobile! You may have to take those beautiful candle sticks and lantern off the table though soon!!;)

4. admin says:

@Betty:
    We put it in Justin’s parents basement…kinda sad:(

5. Cute as usual! It looks homier now…less masculine. Even though I loved that other table, it was a puncture-wound waiting to happen:)

6. Jessica Stowe says:

Nice Job! I love the dark stain with the light legs.

7. Emily Asay says:

Hi. :)
    I realize this post is about 5 years old, and that you haven’t blogged in quite a while… But I have always loved your coffee table and saved this page for when I might be able to refinish my own coffee table. Well, I found a used coffee table yesterday. :) I was wondering what color stain you used?

Miss your blogging, but understand that there is a season for everything. May the Lord bless you!

8. [...] and fix it up to look exactly like the coffee table I saw a few years back on Grace’s blog. We had a decent coffee table than we paid $100 for on sale at Ikea, so I couldn’t really [...]